[MyAppleMenu] Jul 11, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jul 11 21:05:01 EDT 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Friday, Jul 11, 2003

MyAppleMenu : News
------------------
O'Reilly Announces Mac OS X Innovators Winners (Macworld UK)
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=6588>

Internet Explorer Update For Mac OS 8/9 Released (MacMinute)
<http://www.macminute.com/2003/07/11/ie>

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
Looking Forward (Jason Deraleau, O'Reilly Network)
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/wlg/3491>
The part I enjoyed most about Macworld was the crowd.

MyAppleMenu : Reviews
---------------------
Boblbee Backpacks Are Perfect For PowerBooks (Emory Lundberg, O'Grady's PowerPage)
<http://www.powerpage.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/powerpage.woa/wa/story?newsID=11215>

Listen To Your iPod On FM (Chris Oaten, The Advertiser)
<http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,6735869%255E21669,00.html>
Once you own an iPod, you want to get more out of it so you soon begin looking for more stuff to put into it and plug into it.

MyAppleMenu Tomorrow : News & Opinions
--------------------------------------
Research Firm Says Wi-Fi Will Go Bye-Bye (Susan Kuchinskas, InternetNews.com)
<http://www.internetnews.com/wireless/article.php/10799_2233951>
Emerging technology researchers say Ultrawideband (UWB) will eventually beat out the current Wi-Fi wireless networking standard and make Bluetooth go the way of the sabertooth.

MyAppleMenu Reader : World
--------------------------
Bush's Bad Science (J. W. Anderson, Washington Post)
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40912-2003Jul10.html>
Uncertainty is no reason for the  U.S. to dodge its responsibility to act on global climate change.

Big Brother Gets A Brain (Noah Shachtman, Village Voice)
<http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0328/shachtman.php>
The Pentagon's plan for tracking everything that moves.

MyAppleMenu Reader : Life
-------------------------
A Message From Roger (Lane DeGregory, St. Petersburg Times)
<http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/10/Southpinellas/A_message_from_Roger.shtml>
Standing on Clearwater's Pier 60, a little boy put a note in a bottle: "To whoever finds this, please write me a letter and let me know." Nineteen years went by. Roger, we got your note.

The Anti-Pleasure Principle (Jacob Sullum, Reason)
<http://www.reason.com/0307/fe.js.the.shtml>
The "food police" and the pseudoscience of self-denial.

MyAppleMenu Reader : Expressions
--------------------------------
When E = Sex Appeal2 (Toby Moore, The Times)
<http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7-741209,00.html>

MyAppleMenu Reader : EOF
------------------------
Bush Gets An Eyeful On African Safari (Dana Milbank, Washington Post)
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40929-2003Jul10.html>
Elephants put on R-rated performance for first family.

MyAppleMenu SingaporeSurf : News & Opinions
Singapore Lifts Its Ban On Gum (Ameet Sachdev, Chicago Tribune)
<http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/business/6271533.htm>
Singapore is ready to welcome back one of Chicago's signature products: Wrigley chewing gum.

Singapore MAS Policy Tweak May Have Been A Bit Too Late (Izham Ahmad and Shen hong, Dow Jones)
<http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/030711/15/3chs3.html>
Calling for a weaker currency might have been viewed as a more timely move had it come earlier in the year, when the economy was facing a severe slowdown.

More Singapore News at <http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/>

More
----
Internet News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/internet/>
Linux News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/linux/>

---
Modify your subscription at <http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/applesurf-list>

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong. This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc., or any other companies in any manner. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, iPod, and eMac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their registered holders. Copyright &copy; 1996-2003 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.