[WPPD] Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day: April 27, 2008
Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day
wppd-list at pinholeday.org
Mon Feb 11 16:01:33 EST 2008
Dear Fellow Pinhole Photographer,
You are receiving this email because you exhibited a photograph in one of the previous Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day online exhibitions. This email was also sent to the pinhole discussion list, so you may be receiving it for the second time.
The coordinators of the seventh Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day are busy preparing for this upcoming major global festival. It will be the traditional last Sunday in April; the next one will be April 27, 2008. Anyone, anywhere in the world, who makes a pinhole photograph on Pinhole Day, can scan the image and upload it to the www.pinholeday.org website where it will become part of this premier gallery of lenless photography.
Last year, 2943 participants from 69 countries contributed images to the WPPD 2007 Gallery. Over 100 events - workshops, exhibits, lectures, etc. - were held throughout the world. All of these events were coordinated locally by volunteers.
If you don't have this celebration marked on your calendar please do it soon! Join the world in this joyous celebration of simple photography.
Watch the www.pinholeday.org website for more information.
HOW YOU CAN HELP...
- We are looking for help with our publicity efforts in various countries and regions. These local or regional coordinators would be part of the team that our Publicity Coordinator, Stefano Piva, is assembling to spread the word about our sublime, yet joyously wacky, annual pinhole exhibit. Mostly this would be emails to publications, schools, galleries, etc, in your area. If you would like to help with this effort, please contact publicity at pinholeday.org.
- If you'd like to organize an event, such as a workshop, lecture or a photo "shoot", you can add it to the events calendar at www.pinholeday.org/events or contact events at pinholeday.org. An event can be a simple as a pinhole excursion with friends or interested photographers, or it can be a workshop or exhibit. Check the "Workshop Resources" documents on the Pinhole Day Resource page for ideas.
- If you can help with website translations, and occasionally translating messages send to our support email, please let us know via email at translations at pinholeday.org. We're looking for folks with English/Spanish, English/Portuguese and other languages, as either the primary or backup translator.
- If you are a teacher, your students can participate in WPPD as a group. To do this, enter your class's participation as an event at http://www.pinholeday.org/events/addevent.php. Choose "classroom" as the type of event. Your class will be listed as a "group" in the gallery. When your class is selected from the group list, it will create a virtual exhibit of your students' work.
- If you are a graphic designer... we're interested in suggestions for a new, or alternative, logos. Please submit your ideas to support at pinholeday.org.
Another major holiday is in the works for April 27, 2008! We all look forward to your photograph in the 2008 gallery.
WPPD 2008 Coordinating Team
Tom Miller (Lead & Events - USA)
Nick Dvoracek (Support - USA)
Chuck Flagg (Education - USA)
Stefano Piva (Publicity - Italia)
Jason Schlauch (Webmaster - USA)
Wolfgang Thoma (Translations - Belgium)
More information about the WPPD-list