[Retros] record lists

Olli Heimo olli.heimo at luukku.com
Tue Nov 20 12:25:06 EST 2018

The existing record lists are very difficult to examine. In 1990's we tried to find shortest SPG's ending in mate with different premises. One was mate with ep-capture. Now I can't be sure what ia the record, but at that time Finnish composer Kauko Väisänen made the following: 1.d4 e6 2.d5 Ba3 3.Qd4 Ke7 4.Bd2 Kd6 5.Bb4+ c5 6.dxc6 ep+ Kxc6 7.Qc5#. Surprisingly the ep-capture, which must be a check is not mate in this problem. Sad news told that Kauko died in March this year. Olli.