[Retros] Happy New Year

andrew buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Fri Jan 26 05:54:44 EST 2018

Hi Noam,
Congratulations on this which I have just posted in PDB. Although you quote the Popeye proof where the stipulation must be dia11.0, have you deliberately moved on from the style of previous years where you just stated: "Shortest Proof Game"?
I see that you have again successfully left behind from the Stanley constraint, as there is some variation in moves between the solutions. It really is very satisfying though.

I wanted to stick with the Stanley straitjacket, but nothing came to mind, in these lean years following 2016, so I decided that instead I would celebrate Chinese New Year, since I live in Hong Kong. That's a couple of weeks away, and quite an auspicious year, as I hope you will see...

Thanks,
Andrew.