[Retros] Call for original problems for the french retro solving competition

roberto osorio osorio.arg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 10:32:42 EDT 2017

Hi Andrew,

the PG I wrongly sent to the RML is not an FPG.

I am just taking advantage of the FPG notation to indicate the contents.

In the originating article in Die Schwalbe Heft 250A we defined the concept
of FPG, mainly four themes recurrently order by pairs,
performed by four pieces also order by pairs. For instance, two white rooks
performing Pronkin and two black bishops performing
Ceriani-Frolkin, PR(R,R) & CF(b.b).

In order to follow record renditions, we had to define a closed set of
themes. FPG nature is not restricted to those themes, but to work
on collecting and improving record renditions a closed set was necessary
(there were 20 themes in the List).

In that article the notation was also developed.

After that, we published seven Chronicles in Strategems, where we
introduced non-clasical FPG (variations on the four-four structure).
Chronicles 8 and 9 are coming.

There is a project for an FPG website to collect all the stuff.

best wishes,