[Retros] History of Retrograde analysis problem?

Thomas Brand t.brand at gmx.net
Sat Mar 14 04:00:14 EDT 2015

Indeed, Martin,

It's hard to find a comprehensive "History of Retrograde Analysis" -- I
do not know any specific book on this topic.

The best history overview (some 50 pages, dated 2006) I know is Chapter
2 in Dittmann's "Der Blick zurück" ("Ursprung und Emenzipation der
Retroanalyse" -- "Origin and Emancipation of Retrograde Analysis").

Also Fabels "Meisterwerke der Retroanalyse" (dated 1971 (!!), dealing
with classical retros only -- that was the time "before proof games") is
woth reading (see http://www.janko.at/Retros/Masterworks/index.htm)

Best regards,
Thomas