[Retros] Traceable Moves COOK (Problemas, April 2015, n.10, p.233)

Andrew Buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Sun Apr 5 02:01:38 EDT 2015

Hi Joachim, Mario,

Looking at things from the positive point of view: does that mean that the other compositions are “HC+”? For a TM problem this would mean that:
(1) The diagram is legal if it specified that WTM.

(2) All intended TM moves are unique retro moves from the derived position, if it is specified that BTM.

(3) All non-intended TM moves are non-unique retro moves from the derived position, if it is specified that BTM.

(Perhaps worthwhile to state explicitly that BTM in the derived positions – given that the whole point is to throw away the history and reconstruct it retro-analytically, we can’t take it for granted.)

In particular, congratulations on (4) if sound. A labour of love.

All the best,

Andrew.