[Retros] rights & ocassions /answering Andrew

Kevin Begley kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Fri May 16 14:56:56 EDT 2014

Hi Guus,

I appreciate your very thoughtful reply, even though, in places, I found it
rather vague, and difficult to follow -- at least that's my first read; I
plan to reread this a few times, to fully appreciate your meaning (I may
need to reply again, at some later point).

I had the same feeling when I first read Kmoch's "Pawn Power in Chess."
I could sense it was imparting something significant, and could find no
specific fault with the presentation; yet, it was a struggle to fully
digest the implications.

For example, I don't yet appreciate the motivation for (nor the value
contained behind) your defined term, "license to castle."
I remember having the same reaction to Kmoch's many terms (e.g.,
dispersion, distortion, interspan, ... etc etc etc).

At least I did learn that I would very much like to read more from you, on
these matters.
And, I'd like to learn more.

Kevin