[Retros] Favour/En Passant

Kevin Begley kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 07:17:21 EDT 2014

Guus,

OK, that explanation of yours was needlessly confusing (as if to delay your
straightforward answer, knowing that it will not be considered correct)...

There obviously exists a #1, in two parts -- exactly as Andrew described --
if you accept that Partial Retro-Analysis is the default (and the Codex
does explicitly say that Partial Retro-Analysis is the default method to
resolve such a problem).

So, please explain your position, in simple terms (without this talk of
conventions and rules and digital boards, etc)...
Or, give me a reason I should want to disagree with the obvious
interpretation of the Codex.
Or, show me a problem where the Codex interpretation becomes ambiguous.

Why should I want to believe that there is no mating move (by one of two
e.p. captures) in the diagram?
Why should I want to believe that stalemate of white would alter this?

You have completely lost me.

Best,
 Kevin.