[Retros] The Vault

Andrew Buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Sat Jun 22 15:22:51 EDT 2013

I agree with Noam & Bernd.

I am wondering if the following site can provide a free solution for us:

http://www.itconsult.co.uk/stamper/stampinf.htm

and in particular:

http://www.itconsult.co.uk/stamper/post.htm

So when submitting a composition to a tourney, one could send an email with the following kind of body to 'post at stamper.itconsult.co.uk':

rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR

Thanks

The subject line can be anything.

It seems very basic, and might be what we are looking for. I tried it just now and it took about 40 minutes to come back to me through Outlook. This SLA is a bit longer than I would like, but it’s workable.

I can now take the email I’ve received from stamper and include that as an attachment in my submission to the tourney director. So now both the tourney director and myself have a time-stamped record. We don’t have access to the archive (it is truly opaque) but if one of the two of us edits the email, then the other knows it’s a fraud.

I don’t think it’s fool-proof, but I think it could provide sufficient protection for our purposes. I don’t think that it’s worth having digital signature or encryption. That’s too complicated.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Andrew.