[Retros] Marco Bonavoglia 60 JT

Marco Bonavoglia mbonavo at tin.it
Sun Jun 9 17:00:47 EDT 2013

On 09/06/2013 15:18, Kevin Begley wrote:

> I raise this issue only to illustrate that, prevalent today is a

> cavalier lack of formalism (and opportunities for corruption).

> I wanted to make some suggestions for improvement, and encourage Marco

> to layout a plan.

> If steps are taken to prevent extensive delays (and swirling

> suspicions), I am confident this will prove a very successful tournament.

> It is my wish that this discussion might help make his a birthday

> happier.

Dear Kevin,
I understand your concern, the cipher idea is interesting, may be for
some official tournament (you need some sort of checksum manager!) but
for the moment I'm afraid you have to rely on me!
I don't know what happened to MC50JT, but I have the advantage that the
award will be published online the moment it is ready and I don't have
to wait for a paper magazine to be printed and/or to have room for the
award. That means I will not have the temptation to show the winners
before their publication :-)
In principle, from the moment the names are revealed it's only a
technical problem to update the award and publish it. It's done in a few
minutes. If you have to wait for the magazine, then in the meantime you
could find cooks, anticipation, partial anticipations or weakness and
you could have to start over again.
best,
Marco