[Retros] Messigny 2013 / MatPlus Forum

Alexander George ageorge at amherst.edu
Tue Jul 23 09:34:35 EDT 2013

Hello, everyone.

After Milan sadly passed away in February, I worried about all the great material on MatPlus. I offered to archive all the stuff on the site, but I didn't hear back from anyone. I guess the site's going dead now is of a piece with that.

As some of you may know, I have run a chess problem forum for the past 6+ years: ChessProblem.net<chessproblem.net>. It has a separate forum devoted to retroanalysis<http://chessproblem.net/viewforum.php?f=10>. The site uses state-of-the-art forum technology, phpBB<https://www.phpbb.com/about/features/>, which features high-security, excellent search and communication options, and a multiple-language interface (we currently support over a dozen languages). You can insert diagrams (using a great script by Joost de Heer), display games, add videos, conceal spoiler solutions, etc. In addition, the site is archived by the UK Web Archive and the Internet Archive.

I hope it will be useful to the community (I'm open to any suggestions for its improvement) and that some of you will give it a try.

Regards,

Alex.

--
Alexander George