[Retros] Threat-Chess

Eric Angelini Eric.Angelini at kntv.be
Tue May 22 11:56:16 EDT 2012

Hello Retrolist,
Only a small retro-content here -- my apologizes...

A "Threat-Chess" position is a position obeying four rules:

1. The 32 original units of the orthodox chess play are on the board
2. A single unit attacks exactly one single unit of the opposite side
3. A single unit is attacked by one and only one unit of the opposite side
4. The position becomes legal if one of the Kings moves to a neighboring safe square

Diagrams and French explanations here :
http://www.cetteadressecomportecinquantesignes.com/ThreatChess.htm

The challenge is to build such a position with as few "loops" as possible.
My personal best is 13 loops.
Regards,
É.

(I hope that Bernd Schwarzkopf will not spoil this too soon -- as
he did in January 2008 with a similar challenge ! ;-)

http://www.cetteadressecomportecinquantesignes.com/SPCdiag01.htm