[Retros] Chess960 promotion spot

Joost de Heer joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 3 10:20:17 EST 2012

On Mon, December 3, 2012 16:11, per olin wrote:

> Dear Andrey,

> Thank you for your kind comment!

> Interesting observation about coming to the Chess960IP with black to move.

> My guess is that a proof game can be made with only either party coming to

> his initial position after a uneven number of moves. The other party has

> to motivate the unique sequence of the moves by both parties.

> A short one: Chess960IP NNRKBQRB and 1.g4 Nb6 2.Bc6 Nxc6 3.Rg3 Ra8 4.Rb3

> Rb8 5.f3 Na8 6.Rb6 Rc8 7.b3 Nb8 C+ Popeye.

> Retrocorner colleagues are invited to try to make a Chess960 proof game,

> where as many black pieces as possible take part in losing the tempo!

> Best wishes

> Per

Hello Per,

I think what Andrei tried to say is that there are Chess960 begin
positions which, after a few moves, are reached with the opposite side to
move. Simple example:

Chess960 RSSBQKBR
1. Sa3 Sa6 2. Sb3 Sb8 3. Rc1 Sa6 4. Rb1 Sb8 5. Ra1 Sa6 6. Sb1 Sb8 7. Sc1
and the beginposition is reached with the other side to move.

Joost