[Retros] Mushikui Reconstruction (checkmate)

Mu-Tsun Tsai tsai39 at illinois.edu
Wed May 25 13:58:06 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

After I constructed an example that forces a draw, I continue to work on
valid mushikui sequence that forces checkmate ending, again without any
extra assumptions in the stipulation. I found this to be a very difficult
task, and I tried to compose such sequence for two whole days, desperately,
yet still without any success. But finally this morning I constructed my
first example that does the job.

1.** ** 2.**** ** 3.** **** 4.** ***** 5.** ***** 6.** *** 7.***** **
8.***** *** 9.***** *** 10.***** *** 11.*****

I can hardly imagine that there could be a shorter one that also forces
checkmate. But still I'm eager to see if anyone can come up with a shorter
one!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

1.d4 c5 2.dxc5 d6 3.a4 dxc5 4.a5 Qxa5+ 5.b4 Qxb4+ 6.c3 Qa4 7.Qxa4+ b5
8.Qxb5+ Nc6 9.Qxc6+ Bd7 10.Qxa8+ Bc8 11.Qxc8#

Mu-Tsun