[Retros] Add units: 17th update (1RA)

Andrew Buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Sat Jun 18 14:21:58 EDT 2011

Hi Mu-Tsun,

I am far from being an expert, but as far as I understand, it is generally a
negative point if the initial diagram obviously contains promoted units.
However it is a positive point if promotion can be shown to have happened
during the course of the solution. Here the solution just involves sticking
missing units on the diagram, but I still think that the principle holds.
The third rook is an asset rather than a liability.

It also lightens the load on b4, making the play for that square more
interesting.

Has anyone made any headway with my own 1NA, please? There are lots of
promising tries, but I think none of them work for a single reason.

Regards,
Andrew.