[Retros] 1QA with 14 men

tsai39 at illinois.edu tsai39 at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 6 14:04:40 EDT 2011

>Is this sound? 8/P7/PPP5/kBRK4/b7/1RP5/P1BP4/8 (12+2). Add

> issing unit(s). If for some reason promotees are not allowed then just

> change wPc2, wBd2 and add wPh2. It is 13+2 but still a record.

> Intended solution in both forms is add wQc4. Note that -1. Bb5 is

> illegal due to check by Rc5 and -1.bxc2 is illegal due to too many

> captures. Olli.

Like last time, this is only a sound N1QAi problem, because this structure doesn't force any capturing by Black (white did hxg and then promoted on g file, so Black's h pawn can promoted without capturing). So other than wQc4 I can also add two white knights and a white bishop to the board.
But for a N1QAi this one is kind of nice. At least I don't see any obvious way to improve it.

Mu-Tsun