[Retros] Cut-and-glue

Николай Белухов nbeluhov at abv.bg
Sun Mar 14 01:20:38 EST 2010

Dear Otto,
I was not able to understand why you needed to cut my "The RA Corner" document into four parts. I now kindly ask you to replace each one of the four pieces that you have produced with the whole original file. What you did is bound to cause great confusion among future readers: The page numeration is wrong, the footnotes numeration is wrong, worst of all - all the explanatory notes are pushed in the end of the fourth article, completely stripping the first three of any kind of context, including original publication.
And indeed, as for original publications, there is no book or magazine named "The RA Corner, Volume ...". There was only a column in a chess problem magazine named "Ugolok RA". The correct original publication data for the four articles is as follows:
64 - Shakhmatnoe Obozrenie, 6/1985
64 - Shakhmatnoe Obozrenie, 14/1985
64 - Shakhmatnoe Obozrenie, 3/1986
64 - Shakhmatnoe Obozrenie, 19/1986
The document that I compiled was meant to be read as a whole; it was not meant to be regarded as a cut-and-glue puzzle. Were you so dissatisfied with it being so, you could have asked me to split it in parts myself or you could just not publish it.
Thank you for your attention,
Nikolai