[Retros] Improvement of the Retro Corner?

Pascal Wassong pascal.wassong at free.fr
Mon Jul 26 13:28:27 EDT 2010

Dear Otto,

I think I will break the consensus. In fact, part of the improvment is
fine : the button to show the solution. But on my browser (firefox
3.6.6), clicking on this button also puts the concerned problem "on the
top of the screen". This makes a jump in the page, that I find really
disturbing. My brain needs a few seconds to understand what just
happened.

I would like to have the button, but it should only change the page that
is below the diagram, even if the result is that the solution is not
completely on the screen.

Best,
Pascal

Otto> Dear Retro Friends, Please have a look at
Otto> http://www.janko.at/Retros/Schwalbe/N240.htm and click on the
Otto> "Solution" button.

Otto> Provided that your browser supports basic CSS (every modern
Otto> browser does this) and provided that your browser supports
Otto> basic Javascript and Javascript is enabled, the solution
Otto> should be shown inline. A second click hides the solution
Otto> again.

Otto> Compare this to http://www.janko.at/Retros/Schwalbe/N239.htm
Otto> -- is the new feature an appreciated improvement or should we
Otto> stay with the classic link mechanism?

Otto> Best Regards,

Otto> - Otto Janko [mailto:otto at janko.at] [http://www.janko.at] --
Otto> Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security,
Otto> - will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. [Benjamin
Otto> Franklin]

Otto> list Retros at janko.at