[Retros] Variant Proof Games wanted

andrew buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Wed Jan 27 19:00:30 EST 2010

Has anyone got a Labelle-style database of exact openings that they can hit with the alpha-beta algorithm? Assign a non-extensible game 1/0 if White/Black is the last to move. Assign 0.5 if the game is on the frontier of what has been computed, and so its extensibility is not known. Et voila! With a bit of luck the value of the game will be determined to be 0 or 1 - if not, we should know which areas to explore more deeply.