[Retros] Promises for the New Year
kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:29:59 EST 2010
Here's a better set of new year's resolution (for anybody still looking):
1) rewrite the entire codex, one problem at a time,
2) close all documents with "furthermore, I do not recognize FIDE as
the governing body for chess composition,"
3) boycott tourneys with official sounding names, unless sanctioned by
the democratically elected governing body (particularly when sponsored
4) insist upon 2 seperate albums (1 for titles, the other as an
honest chronicle of timeless masterpieces, which may be constantly
5) insist that genre-based subdivisions be removed from the FIDE
Title-Album, which currently fails to do justice to retro/PG genres
(and fairy retro/PGs as well).
6) prepare for an inevitable seperation from Orthodox Chess.
7) presure journals/judges to publish their judgements from 2001 (and before).
8) Double the conterfeit $100 theme,
9) eliminate 3 (or more) items from Bono's Ten for '10 list,
10) Insist that all lists have the length of some prime number (this
goes for super-AUWs and super-Babsons too),
11) keep this in the back of your mind: cyclic changes are coming to America.
Happy New Year,
On 1/5/10, Joost de Heer <joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Codex Chapter II should be
> Nothing stops you from rewriting it and sending it to the codex subcommittee
> yourself. I think Günter Büsing is the chairman of that committee.
> Retros mailing list
> Retros at janko.at
More information about the Retros