[Retros] Promises for the New Year

Kevin Begley kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:29:59 EST 2010

Here's a better set of new year's resolution (for anybody still looking):

1) rewrite the entire codex, one problem at a time,

2) close all documents with "furthermore, I do not recognize FIDE as
the governing body for chess composition,"

3) boycott tourneys with official sounding names, unless sanctioned by
the democratically elected governing body (particularly when sponsored
by shadow-corporations),

4) insist upon 2 seperate albums (1 for titles, the other as an
honest chronicle of timeless masterpieces, which may be constantly
adjusted),

5) insist that genre-based subdivisions be removed from the FIDE
Title-Album, which currently fails to do justice to retro/PG genres
(and fairy retro/PGs as well).

6) prepare for an inevitable seperation from Orthodox Chess.

7) presure journals/judges to publish their judgements from 2001 (and before).

8) Double the conterfeit $100 theme,

9) eliminate 3 (or more) items from Bono's Ten for '10 list,

10) Insist that all lists have the length of some prime number (this
goes for super-AUWs and super-Babsons too),

11) keep this in the back of your mind: cyclic changes are coming to America.

Happy New Year,
Kevin.