[Retros] Challenge

andrew buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Sun Nov 29 19:38:35 EST 2009

(1) Wow good improvements, Noam! Fortunately for my bruised ego, I managed to find:

k7/2K5/8/8/8/8/1Rp5/8
"#n" for all n

Is this solution unique up to symmetry for KRkp? [Guess yes] Is there an even more economical solution? [Guess no]

(2) And just to get the ball rolling on the original challenge, a few moments spent pushing pieces round a virtual Nalimov board reveals:

4k3/8/5K2/8/8/6N1/3Qpb2/8

Surely this can easily be beaten?

Regards,
Andy.