[Retros] How many times could a Diagram be repeated during aproofgame?

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Mon Feb 9 03:47:35 EST 2009

Jonathan is right about "Or does this way lie madness?". The situation
is equivalent to the ancient logical "barber-paradox" - the barber who
shaves everyone in the village who doesn't shave himself; does he shave
himself?". If we do make the assumption that a position 47 moves into a
50M series is "irreversibly" different from one 46 (and 45, 44 ... 1)
moves into the series, then clearly these positions are all just the
first species in their private 50M series. But if they are all number 1
in their own 50M space and they are all "reversible" into one another
then they must all be considered "isomorph" in respect to the 50M
convention! Indeed, if the barber shaves himself then he doesn't shave
himself and vice versa. The same is (even more) true for the repetition
convention.

As in every paradox the solution lies in preventing self reference. The
postions are part of the "game layer" and the counting of occurrences is
part of the "evaluation layer". Entities in the evaluation layer should
not be made properties of the game layer and then recycled into the
evaluation process. This is an important principle which also affects
formal definitions in other areas like AP-logic.

Guus Rol.