[Retros] Circé cage

Joost de Heer joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 16 11:16:27 EST 2009

On 12/14/2009 09:59 PM, Nicolas.Dupont at math.univ-lille1.fr wrote:

> Dear all,

> Etienne Dupuis and I wrote an article about a new fairy condition called

> "circé cage". It is published in the last issue of the magazine

> "Diagrammes".

> If you're interested in, you can find it here too, in attached file. This

> is written in french, but the main definitions are translated into

> english.

What is the exact English definition of Circe cage?

Implementation question: Consider the following position:
W: Ka2 Pg2
B: Kg4 Ph3

Popeye implementation says that e.g. g2xPh3[Pe6] is a legal move,
because on e6 the pawn has no legal non-capturing moves. IMO this feels
'wrong', e6 doesn't feel like a cage. Is this type of cage intended by
the inventors?

Joost