[Retros] Definition of themes in retro-wiki

andrew buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Tue Jun 24 15:12:20 EDT 2008

> I also added two definitions, but i don't know which to choose

> for Nicolas' definition:

> *[[Half-Schnoebelen]] or [[Pure Ceriani-Frolkin]] promotion :

> A promoted unit is captured by an officer.

Frankly both of these seem dire to me :-).

The abuse of the word "Pure" is the direst. What is pure about *adding*
an additional constraint to a C-F capture? Pure = simple = unadorned.

"Half" is nearly as bad - I object to the false arithemeticity. If I
may contrast the term "half-pin": there is in this term some reason why
it is "half" rather than a "third".

Please can someone who is not famous already compose some problems with
this theme, and then we can name the pattern after them :-)

Love,
Andrew.