[Retros] Are the King and the Rook pieces or what?

A J Mestel A.J.Mestel at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 09:03:40 EST 2008

I remember when FIDE were finalising the Touch-Move rules, and they listed
all possible combinations e.g. I touch my WKe1, WRa1 and WRh1
simultanously with a BRd2 and BPh6. Do I have to play "0-0, Kxd2, or Rxh6"
or can I play Rh5 or Rd1 etc etc?

For obvious reasons, we called these "The Octopus rules."

Jonathan