[Retros] Retro_snippets_001 - Schnoebelen Promotion

Nicolas.Dupont at math.univ-lille1.fr Nicolas.Dupont at math.univ-lille1.fr
Wed Dec 17 08:33:42 EST 2008

>> Mario asks: - And which was the very first PG showing a Schnoebelen Queen?

>> Well, this can, of course, not be shown in an orthodox proof game. And

>> only know of one example in a fairy proof game, and that is

>> my problem no. 1107 in Mat Plus No. 31 (Autumn 2008), using Circe.

> Dirk Borst made a Queen Schnoebelen with transmuting kings in Nunspeet a

few years ago. It looked something like this:

> rs3qsr/ppp3pp/3p1p2/8/k7/Pb6/1PPPP1PP/RSBQKBSR

> SPG 6.0 Transmuting kings

> And the first King Schnoebelen is, as far as I know one I made in

Nunspeet, in, I think, 2002.

> rnb4q/1p1pp2p/p1p2k2/3B1p2/2PPn3/4P3/PP4PP/RNbQK1NR

> SPG 10.0, Extinction chess

> Joost

A "Schnoebelen AUW" is presented in Masand (R 203 Problemesis)

If you want to collect every fairy pg with a Q-Schnoebelen, I constructed
one last year in the Lortap Chrismas Tourney.

rnb1r3/ppp2Q1p/3p1ppn/P4k2/3RP3/2q1b3/1PPP2PP/1NB1KBNR
PG 12.0 Lortap (C+) Second Prize

Nicolas.