[Retros] Originals from Silvio Baier's article

Joost de Heer joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 23 07:00:54 EDT 2008

All originals are by SB. He tried to show economical representations of
the Pronkin theme (a piece is captured, and a promoted piece takes its
place on the homesquare).

Economy criteria used:
- The number of unthematic captures should be minimal (ideally 0)
- The number of moves should be minimal
- The number of officers on their homesquare should be as large as possible

If you have improvements, you can send them to silvio.baier at gmx.de.

Because of the number of compositions (there are almost 40 originals in
this article!), I've decided to use Xboard to generate a PGN file.

I've already found one (trivial) improvement, while reading:

s: rsbqkbsr/ppp1pppp/8/5B2/4PB2/1Q2P3/PPP2PPP/RS2K1SR (16+15) SPG11.0
(one more piece 'at home')

Joost