[Retros] shortest Madrasi PG stalemate ended - Solution

raosorio at fibertel.com.ar raosorio at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Apr 6 19:28:20 EDT 2008

Hi Nicolas,
12.0 moves seems to be quite short to get the stalemate task without the e.p. trick.
We could manage both records (with and without e.p.) after you publish your PG.

On the other hand, Joost's idea of the non-dual free shortest play is good. The point is
that the f pawn has to be eliminated as pointed out by Andrew so it seems to be hard
to improve the 6.5 moves. Perhaps this idea will function with the non-e.p. case.
Is your PG dual free?

Best,
Roberto

>> Nicolas.Dupont at math.univ-lille1.fr writes:

>> In my game in 12.0, each unit of one side is Madrasi-blocked

>> (in particular, no "ep trick"). Is it possible to construct

>> a shorter one with that condition ?

> Every unit, or just every unit that would be mobile in orthodox chess?

Every unit (in one side) is either blocked in the orthodox sense, or
Madrasi-controlled (that is by a piece of the other side and of the same
nature).

Nicolas.