[Retros] HAP animal conventions

Bernd Gräfrath retromode at web.de
Mon Nov 26 09:57:47 EST 2007

Dear retro friends,

I agree with Alain and Mark that a convention is good if it leads to good problems.
Perhaps there could be different conventions if this is fruitful!? (Cf. the types "Calvet" and "Cheylan" in Anticirce Procas.)

Concerning the Valladao task: This is too easy if a convention is used that marks castling as "O". Alternatively, one could regard castling as a king moved, simply marked "H", and then the Valladao task is a challenge.

Best wishes,

Bernd