[Retros] Retros Digest, Vol 31, Issue 15

Alain BROBECKER abrobecker at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 05:15:04 EDT 2007

> From: pastmaker at aol.com

> Subject: Re: [Retros] A funny question about FIDE rules

> To: retros at janko.at

> I don't know much about clock play, but it must be suicidal to offer a draw

> if one's own clock continues to run, the opponent's clock does not run, and

> the opponent has no compulsion to react....

To offer a draw you:
1. make your move on the board
2. tell your opponent about the offer
3. finish your move by stopping your clock ans starting your opponent's

Thus it's the opponent's clock that is running.

cu, Alain

Alain Brobecker (abrobecker at yahoo.com) |_ _ _ |_
http://abrobecker.free.fr/ |_)(_|(_|| ) of Arm's Tech