[Retros] A funny question about FIDE rules

TregerYefim at aol.com TregerYefim at aol.com
Fri Jun 22 19:58:05 EDT 2007

I think in all these situations a priority is the Conscious behavior of a
player. For example, if he resigns, not seeing a mate, then it is his fault and
he is lost - no matter, what he will find next (if we allow changing a
decision, we may fall to some disputes and/or contradictions).
A formal reasoning for this is that the resigning is also a stoppage for a
game (FIDE rule) and if there is a conflict - a main factor in taking a decision
should be a fair, conscious behavior of players.

Yefim 06/22/2007