[Retros] How many times could a Diagram be repeated during aproofgame?

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Tue Jun 5 04:56:04 EDT 2007

Olli,

Roberto indicated in an earlier response that he operates in the context
of the retro-conventions in de Codex. The automatic draw indicated in
article 18 takes place after the actual 3rd repetition has been
completed. As an example, Proca problems may start from a drawn end
state.

Now there is a question mark hanging over the validity of certain
versions of the Codex. My current understanding is that article 18 was
added in 1991 in Rotterdam. I am uncertain whether or not this
Codex-version was officially ratified - and if not, what that means.
Could it mean that we now have a conventional deviation from the
convention?

Anyway, (as noted by Alexander George) without an automatic draw rule a
position may be repeated indefinitely since claims are not mandatory.

Guus Rol.