[Retros] How many times could a Diagram be repeated during aproofgame?

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Mon Jun 4 12:38:27 EDT 2007

Hi Roberto,

Considering that:

(a) only one of the two e.p. rights can be active in a proof game
(b) repeating a diagram with the same player on move requires 2 moves
(c) a move change in an identical diagram requires 3 moves
(d) the drawn position can still be part of the proof game
(e) the number of retractions is one less than the number of positions
involved
(f) the number of diagram repetitions is one less than the number of
diagram occurrences,

I think the minimum number of single retraction moves for the maximum of
21 diagram repetitions is 46 (=5x9+1).

Cheers, Guus Rol.