[Retros] 50-moves rule and mate

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Tue Jan 16 13:28:38 EST 2007

Hi Andrew,

I wrote my original analysis under the assumption (call it delusion) that the 50-moves rule was automatic. Since I can find no confirmation for this in source material I need a rethink on the whole subject. Having optional and preemptive claims complicates matters considerably but the ordering of evaluation rules, whether by claim or by automation, is always a relevant issue indeed.

Guus Rol.