[Retros] Die Schwalbe 13071 problem, 6/2006

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Wed Feb 14 13:06:50 EST 2007

Dear Roberto,

In good spirit I would favour to investigate an even more minimal deviation from the rules than suggested by Valery. What if the player having the move, started an illegal riposte to his being in check, then realizing the enormity of his blunder, kept hand and piece up in the air at the precise moment that this snapshot was taken? What happened next? Did he repent en land his piece on the square of departure? Did he die of a heart attack? Or did he force his opponent to sign the scoresheet to escape the ridicule of his entire chessclub? And will RV deliver us from this unbearably torturous uncertainty?

Questions, questions, questions! As you know I would love to help you in this new quest, but with my left arm close to exhaustion from supporting the right, I'm afraid I must leave all the honours to you this time! :-)

Cheerio! Guus Rol