[Retros] HAP webpage updated

Bernd Gräfrath retromode at web.de
Mon Dec 3 09:58:05 EST 2007

Dear retro friends,

I had similar thoughts like Mark when I read about Alain's criterion. I am not sure about this.
On the one hand, a game ending in mate or automatic draw is more complete;
on the other hand, using the mate sign is less economical and makes it easier to achieve soundness.
These are very deep waters of aesthetics...

Best wishes,

Bernd