[Retros] 50-moves rule

Kostas Prentos prentos at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Dec 28 14:48:06 EST 2006

Hello Olli!

I am very interested to know the length of this "longest possible game", according to
your calculations.

Some years ago, there were certain endgames (in OTB chess) for which the FIDE rules
allowed more than 50 moves for a draw. I think that now, the 50-moves rule is valid
without any exceptions.

Best wishes,
Kostas