[Retros] Messigny 2005 : proof game announcement

Pascal Wassong pascal.wassong at free.fr
Fri May 13 05:06:25 EDT 2005

Hello,

the Messigny meeting begins this evening. This is the announcement of
the Proof Game composition tournament. You are welcome to participate
via email.

Give a proof game where a piece A intercepts a piece B on 2 different
lines.

The interception must be used to avoid check or allow castling.
Any combination of row, column or diagonal is thematic.
Pieces A and B can be of same colour or not.
No fairy pieces or conditions are allowed.

Limit for submitting problems : Sunday, may 15, 6 pm, french time.
Send your entries to : messigny2005 at yahoo.fr

Example :

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

|*R |*N |*B |*Q | |*B | |*R |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

|*P |*P |*P | |*K |*P |*P |*P |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

| | . | | . |*P | N |*N | . |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

| . | | . | | . | | . | |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

| | . | | . | | . | | Q |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

| . | | . | P | . | | . | |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

| P | P | | P | P | P | P | P |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

| R | N | B | | K | B | . | R |

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
rnbq1b1r/ppp1kppp/4pNn1/8/7Q/3P4/PP1PPPPP/RNB1KB1R
SPG in 7.0 C+ (16 + 15)

Solution : 1.Nf3 d5 2.Ne5 d4 3.Nd7 d3 4.cxd3 e6 5.Qa4 Ne7 6.Qh4 Ng6
7.Nf6+ Ke7

Remarks :

- I will read neither the Retro mailing list, nor my personel mail
during the meeting. Please send your entries (and questions) to
messigny2005 at yahoo.fr
- Indicate clearly if your entry has been computer tested.

Have fun composing,
Pascal