[Retros] At home proof games in 7.0 moves

andrew buchanan andrew at anselan.com
Thu Feb 10 20:18:54 EST 2005

I apologize (above all to Joost) for continuing to debate such a tiny point.
Many words admit multiple meanings. Sometimes the senses are quite close to
one another, as here.

A recent email stated:

'My "7.0 moves or less" search visited 196221 distinct at-home diagrams, and
found 10300 PGs and 9983 SPGs'.

Here is a gentleman (F.Labelle of Berkeley CA) who is using the terms SPG &
PG in a sense which implies uniqueness.

I rest my case.

Cheers,
Andrew.

PS: I reckon in composition competitions, Francois' program should be given
a two half-move handicap versus humanity!

PPS: What is the 7.0 "at home" composition with castling, and both R & K on
the board?