[Retros] At home proof games in 7.0 moves

Mario Richter mri_two at t-online.de
Sat Feb 5 06:38:22 EST 2005

Francois> My computer finished enumerating all the at-home proof games
Francois> in 7.0 moves or less.

It would be interesting for me to know how long you needed to
complete the search and what exactly is the output of your
program (obviously the final positions + some extra info, e.g. that
a castling occurred - but what exactly do you keep track of?)

Noam> Can such a proof game [with castling] (necessarily 7.5 moves
Noam> or longer) be found with *Queenside* castling?

How about the following:

a b c d e f g h
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
8 |*r |*n |*b |*q |*k |*b |*n | . | 8
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
7 |*p |*p |*p |*p |*p |*p |*p | | 7
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
6 | | . | | . | | . | | . | 6
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
5 | . | | . | | . | | . | | 5
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
4 | | . | | . | | . | | . | 4
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
3 | . | | . | | . | | . | | 3
2 | P | P | P | . | | P | P | P | 2
a b c d e f g h

fen=/rnbqkbn1/ppppppp1/8/8/8/8/PPP2PPP/4KB1R

SPG in 8.5

greetings
mario