[Retros] Unusual Proof Game

Mario Richter mri_two at t-online.de
Fri Apr 1 12:04:48 EST 2005

I'm sorry,

but I didn't realize that I set an upper limit for the number
of solutions to be found.

> My computer says, there is only one 5.0 moves game ending with mate

> with 26 pieces in the final position, of which exactly one is a queen

> and 14 are pawns, but that position has 2 bishops and 3 knights.

> (in contrast to your: ...,3B,2N,... stipulation).

So the (?) correct statement has to be:

There is exactly one game with your description (3B,2N)
and there are exactly two games with (2B, 3N) - one of them
being almost identical to the (3B,2N) game.

Sorry again!
mario