[Retros] Mailing List Problems (was: Summer 2003 Contest; the results)

Otto Janko otto at janko.at
Sun Sep 26 04:03:54 EDT 2004

Hi ALL

> Below is a mail that Nicolas tried to send to the list several

> times, but that for unknown causes never succeeded to arrive,

> so I have a try in his place (I remember I had similar problems

> some time ago : sending mails to the list sometimes seem to be a

> hasardous proceeding (??)...)

In principle, all mails which are sent to the list and not delivered for
some reason are held for adminstrator's approval in a database.
(Administrators are Joost and myself.) But unfortunately, there are 200-300
junk mails a week and it is impossible for Joost and me to check the mails
waiting for approval for relevance - I discard them all once a week. Sorry
for that, but junk mails are a real nuisance. (junk = spam & worms)

Please remember that only members of the list are allowed to post to the
list and that the mail address of the sender must exactly match the mail
address of the subscription (for example, if you are subscribed with your
private address, posting with your corporate address will not work).

Hint: You can subscribe several times to the list with different mail
addresses and turn off mail delivery for all subscriptions but one!

Best Regards,

- Otto Janko [mailto:otto at janko.at] [http://janko.at]
-- Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security,
- will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." [Benjamin Franklin]