[Retros] Re: No (1+1) SPG at x=5

Andrew andrew at anselan.com
Mon Mar 29 20:29:13 EST 2004

Francois,
Congratulations on concluding this impressive piece of work. I look forward
to seeing the detailed results but in the mean time, I just want to say
congratulations on being the first to find an SPG whose soundness derives
from A1.3. Also an "at home" position with 3+1 units is incredible.

As far as the Holy Grail is concerned, the hope is still out there for the
next generation to explore x=6. For me an apt aspect of your metaphor is
that one doesn't know if the Holy Grail exists. On the other hand, Everest
as a metaphor for the overall longest PG would also be appropriate, since
some PG must surely be the longest.

Regards for now,
Andrew.