[Retros] Retro solving competition Messigny

Joost de Heer ildjarn666 at linuxmail.org
Wed Jul 7 09:08:19 EDT 2004

> Regarding the results table it seems possible to

> loose some points by giving incomplete(?) solutions.

Probably gain some points by giving partial solutions. Or perhaps the same bonus as in the Dutch retro solving competition was used: Guess the composer(s).

> So my question - especially with respect to the

> SPGs and the "game determining final move problem"

> by François Labelle that were used in that contest -

> is:

> What constitutes a correct AND complete solution

> of such problems?

In a solving contest, a correct solution is a solution which leads to the goal. No proof needed, cooks are equal to author's solution. An incorrect solution is a solution with a writing error, or a partial solution. Some points can be given for this. (but no points for 'cook schemes', Michel :)

Joost