[Retros] "half" proof games

oliver sick oliver.sick at web.de
Tue Feb 24 04:49:16 EST 2004

Hi

Noam Elkies schrieb am 24.02.04 04:58:14:

>Two further questions:

> 1) What move generating routines do you use for your investigation?

> 2) Have you tried to adapt your methods to "one-sided proof games" --

> White series from either the opening array (16+16) or only White's men

> (16+0)?

to F.Labelle,

I am also highly interested in your investigation.

In my opinion there is a principal question in the 'truth' of your numerical statements.
If we see your counting results as mathematical results (and they are of mathematical
nature), then we need a base to check the truth of the statements. And as far as I can
see this can only be done by writing an own program and rechecking the results or
by checking and testing your source code. Do you intend to publish it? Or did I miss
the point and it is actually published to some other people currently checking it ??

Don't missunderstand this remark, your efforts are phantastic, but it would be
nicer to have a 'public truth' .... In fact this is an old problem and as far as I know it
was a big issue in the proof of the four-color theorem.

Greetings
Oliver