[Retros] Castling in the future...

Francois Perruchaud francois.perruchaud at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 24 10:48:50 EDT 2004

6.10 Except where Articles 5.1 or one of the Articles 5.2 (a), (b) and (c)
apply, if a player does not complete the prescribed number of moves in the
allotted time, the game is lost by the player. However, the game is drawn,
if the position is such that the opponent cannot checkmate the player's king
by any possible series of legal moves, even with the most unskilled
counterplay.

So you don't lose if you can't lose (i.e. be checkmated) !

François Perruchaud