[Retros] Castling ambiguity officially resolved

Francois Perruchaud francois.perruchaud at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 23 09:07:52 EDT 2004

I don't understand what is a move theorically possible, but that can't be
played.
e.p. capture can't be played so it is theorically impossible in my opinion.

Another position :
3bk3/8/8/8/8/7P/8/4K2R
W:Ke1,Rh1,Ph3 / B:Ke8,Bd8
Black to play - Neither kings nor rook have moved

After 1...Ba5, you can say that castling is theorically possible, but
unplayable.
My opinion is that white has already lost castling rights.
After 2.Kf2 Bd8 3.Ke1 Ba5, is the position the same ?

François Perruchaud