[Retros] Terminology

Noam Elkies elkies at math.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 27 10:50:22 EDT 2003

> > Is there a special term for a proof game where all the units

> > of one or both sides are apparently in their game-array position?

> Mark Kirtley named them 'at home positions' in his Shorties articles.

> Andrew Buchanan named them 'chez soi' on his website (see below)

I've been calling them "deletion (S)PG's", because the position
can be described as "delete [say] Sg1,Sg8,Pd7e7 from the initial array".


More information about the Retros mailing list