[Retros] New on the Retro Corner

"Günter Büsing" Guenter.Buesing at t-online.de
Wed Sep 3 13:31:00 EDT 2003

Hi Andrey,

I don't have Problemist 1932 but the other sources are given below.

Regards,
G"unter

"afretro" <afretro at yandex.ru> schrieb:

> Hi everybody,

> Can anyone help Andrey Kornilov (Moscow)?

> At his request, I have the following questions to ask of you.

> 1. What are the names of articles –

> a) by M. Dumic, Problem 1971 (presumably, on AP problems);

in issue 144-147 (december 1971), p. 41-46: "PIRANSKI KODEKS - I NJEGOVA PRAVILA O ROHADI I E.P. UZIMANJU"
The article contains four sections: A) RAZLOZI I UNUTRASNJA OPRAVDANOST; B) O HEOGOVOM PROBLEMU; C) O tzv. p.R.A. - PROBLEMIMA; D) PRAVILA U PRAKSI

> b) by W. Keym, Die Schwalbe 1972 (on partial analysis);

"Neues von der partiellen Retroanalyse" (February 1972, vol. XIV, p. 320/321)

> c) by G. Adamson, The Problemist 1932 (on incompatible castlings);

> 2. What is the name of a 1907 book on retractors by E. Baird (presumably, it’s something like 20th Century Retractor)?

The twentieth century retractor, chess fantasies and letter problems : being a selection of 300 problems, enriched with Shakespearean quotations; London 1907

> 3. What is the year of the first publication of Dr. Karl Fabel’s Introduction to Retrograde Analysis?

1973